Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook Complete

Options
Longrifle
Longrifle Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ran the BGE for the first time today :laugh:. Made smokey potatoes to use for twice baked potatoes tomorrow, they look wonderful. Then I made big ol' hamburgers with worcester sauce, seasoning salt and fresh ground black pepper. Came out great!! I was surprised by how good the hamburgers were. I was useing my new instant read theromoter as advised by folks on this fourm and was getting a real low temp reading. I decided to pull the hamburgers off, reading be damned, and I was correct they were done. Well done, much to my suprise they were moist and tasty. Apparently, I need to work on my technique with the themapen :P . Tomorrow, I am working on steaks, chicken, grilled veggies and will finsh the twice baked taters. I had an easy time maintaining the temp at 400. The only real issue I had was my grill gloves need to be a bit heaver to remove the plate setter that sucker was burning through my mitt. By doing both of those cooks today I learned a lot ababout the the BGE. Hopefuly before to long I will smoking with my BGE.

DSCF0304.jpg

Comments