Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cilantro Lime Pork Butts

apollo140140apollo140140 Posts: 74
edited 12:56PM in EggHead Forum
porkbutts.jpg

First try posting a pic.

Cilantro Lime pork butts rubbed up and waiting for the egg.
·

Comments

• two pork butts about 7 lbs each
    2 fresh limes
    2 fresh jalapenos
    garlic
    onion
    cumin
    chili powder
    2 small bunches fresh cilantro

all put in hand blender chopper then rubbed on pork shoulders

add in the egg magic, (which is happening right now) dome temp 225-250 going on 14hours

then add a mixture of roughly the same, to taste after it is pulled.
    ·
  • cougar_bbqcougar_bbq Posts: 14
    Interested to see how it turns out. One thing is for sure, it looks great.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    This looks amazing, please post your follow-up pics, we need a full report :) :laugh: :)
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    these ingredients are some of my favorite for pork loin! never considered using them on a butt, let us know how it goes, but it sure sounds good! :D
    ·
  • IQ2IQ2 Posts: 37
    Looks scrumptious! I am a big fan of pork butt, may have to give this a try.
    Paula West Texas
    ·
  • This sounds fantastic. I will watch this thread for the finish pics.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • Sorry for all those that asked. Didn't get any finish pics. Had to run home at lunch break to pull them off the egg and didn't have time to get pics.

They turned out wonderful just like they always do on the egg. Pulled at 195 and coolered for about 4 hours. Then pulled and served.
    ·