Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A 5 pound freebee!!

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be smoking this up early Saturday morning for the Denver after party, along with a 4 pound fresh Atlantic Salmon filet.
The story on the cheese. The food provider showed up with 4, 5 lbs. of this motz. cheese....for free. I don't want to know any other details on that. The boss said to take one, cool with me. ;)

002-20.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Molly I'd have a hard tine not chopping some of that up and putting it on some fresh tomatoes with diced red onions and basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    ...And she could throw it on the stone with a nice peel, eh Molly.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Dayum Molly is it cool enough up there to cold smoke cheese? don't answer that question unless you want an unexpected house guest :laugh:
    If you sent it down here we would not need a fire. :( ..the small read 85 :evil: before I even put in the lump, and it is on the covered porch!
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • cookn biker
    I'll be all over that also. I've got 3 more at work to play with. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    That too Ed. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Free will make it good, no matter what you do to it! :laugh:
  • Yes same problem large was over 100 yesterday. Pre cook.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • cookn biker
    It's been hot here, for here. :laugh: We are a dry heat, not like the rest of the country.
    Thought I'd get up early Sat morn and fire up an egg. Oh, I should fill the ice trays. :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Totally agree Heath!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Congrats Molly, that's a great score with good timing. Your karma must be smiling on you. :cheer:

Blair

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Hot dang, I sure am glad we are coming to Denver :laugh:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • cookn biker
    Thanks to you my friend!!
    Got an interview tomorrow after work at Colorado College. The company is Bon Appetit. Would love to work for a company that is sustainable. Love the idea of The Slow Food Movement.

http://www.slowfood.com/

http://www.cafebonappetit.com/coloradocollege/
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Hahaha. me too Judy!!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Good luck with the interview tomorrow.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • misfit
    That's cool stuff, I'll tell you what.
  • cookn biker
    Thank you very much Joan!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    It's how this world should be. Not processed. I went to a friends house a few weeks ago for a grub party. The young mother was feeding a 6 month old soda and chips. His behaviour was unreal. Totally focused on that bottle of soda and whinning for more.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Feeding a 6 month old soda and chips???!!! :angry: I'd like to put a boot up her arse and bring that child into a responsible home!That is BULL$hit! :angry:
  • Hoss
    You lucky scoundrel! :P ;):)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Good luck tomorrow! When I get a chance I will take a longer look at the links, they look very interesting and a great job for you my friend. Prayers, best wishes, good karma, crossed fingers and toes all headed your way in hopes you land the perfect job Molly! :)

Blair

• misfit
    I hear Ya. Dang, how many of us ate Capt. Crunch and actually put sugar on it?
  • cookn biker
    Not us 5 kids. Our fancy breakfast was eggs, and on occasion when the fry baby...if that is what it was called,came out, doughnuts. Other than that corn flakes, shredded wheat, or cream of wheat and oatmeal.
    I know, I suffered. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I really had to bite my tounge on that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks much!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Hell, JOan....pull it out in the sun and do a brisket!! ;)
  • harps
    harps Posts: 13
    can't wait to see that
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Holy Crap....

My parents gave me bad eating habits...we work hard to give the kids better ones...not perfect but better...yes they get to go to McD's every once in awhile, but they get apples not fries....(My 5 1/2 year old more often than not orders a salad...).

I'm not perfect by any means, but it isn't hard...come on Soda at 6mos? How about at 18 yrs.....

Laziness....that is all I can chalk it up to...
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Good luck with your interview, Molly. Will keep fingers crossed for you and will keep you in my Sunday prayers. In the mean time, be careful when you cut the cheese :woohoo: