Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What should I cook this weekend?

Fletch 'n TeggxasFletch 'n Teggxas Posts: 135
edited 12:20AM in EggHead Forum
I have a rare free weekend this weekend and I would like to spend it with the egg (and my wife...hi honey)

What should I cook? Any ideas? I was thinking spatchcock chicken since I somehow haven't done that before. Or pizzas but I'm not sure if I have time to make dough...

Let me hear your thoughts!
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    This is on my to do list so can say anything about it except it sure looks good to me. I'm sure other will chime in soon.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cranberry_apple_stuffed_pork_loin/

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Of all the things I was thinking a stuffed pork loin was NOT one of them. I'll have to give that one some serious thought...

thanks!
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Short answer = FOOD :P
    ·
  • Matt,

You are in Texas dude! :)

Free weekend, spend time with the egg and your bride ...

Smoke up the hood with a brisket B) B)

Enjoy the weekend
    ·
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
    I was at a cookout last week and the main course was a turducken. That's on my list but spareribs will have to do this weekend.
    ·
  • I was debating frying some eggs in a cast iron skillet without lighting the lump...just leaving the lid open and rolling the egg out into the sun!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,577
    That's always a tough question. My neighbor just mentioned to me that wild salmon is in season and you can't always get it 'round here, so I'm thinking of doing that. Last time I did salmon with a cedar plank and just rubbed it with Dijon mustard and Carnivore rub. Deeeeeelish. I might skip the cedar plank this time. It was good, but just not sure it's worth the trouble. Might just try it with a little hickory and/or apple for flavor.

Also on my list is Clay Q's pulled beef. Not sure if I'll get all day with my egg this weekend for that.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • That might work. :)
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,203
    Fletch 'n Teggxas wrote:
    Of all the things I was thinking a stuffed pork loin was NOT one of them. I'll have to give that one some serious thought...

thanks!
    I did a stuffed pork loin two weekends ago, and yesterday thawed out the other half to have the next few meals (I love to cook but live alone :( ). Even thawed, it is absolutely delicious (I used an artichoke/pine nut/spinach stuffing from a recent Cook's Illustrated).
    You won't be disappointed. Be aware that the damn thing cooks quickly, I didn't get much smoke flavor.

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    You can always stop into a local pizzaria and buy a couple dough balls. ;) Pizzas are a blast to cook. But really, if you have time for a couple beers, this is an easy one and will produce knockout pies. ;)

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/schwansonlip/Pizza/?action=view&current=229404c7.pbw
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,089
    Bookmarked!!!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,089
    How about a weekend full of appetizers? Have you made ABTs yet? Meatballs? Chicken breast skewers dipped in peanut sauce, wings, etc...
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·