Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

cheesy rellenos ATBs

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,345
edited 10:02AM in EggHead Forum
Stuffed poblano peppers with cheesy sausage garlic grits. Wrapped peppers in bacon. On the small @ 350 for 1 hour. Added sausage to egg and cooked for 15 minutes. Served with Meyers sausage and salad (not pictured). Turn out pretty good. Chief taste tester said they were a keeper.

Garlic grits ready for ground sausage to be added
July202011_1.jpg

Cheese added
July202011_2.jpg

grits cooling down peppers cleaned and ready to stuff
July202011_3.jpg

Stuffed and wrapped
July202011_4.jpg

Ready to enjoy
July202011_6.jpg

Garlic Sausage Cheese recipe

3/4 cups of 5 minute grits
2-4 cloves of garlic grated
1/2 tablespoon chives
1 3/4 cups water
1 egg
1 pork sausage stripped of casing and grated
1 tablespoon EVOO (or butter)
1 cup of cheese (pepper jack or cheddar or mix of both)
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

To water add garlic, chives, pepper and salt. Bring to boil add grits. When most of water absorbed add EVOO and the egg an mix. Add sausage and cook n low for 3 minutes. Take off heat and add cheese, mix. Cool and stuff pepper
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Awesome, Joan.

I saved that recipe - definitely a winner! :woohoo:
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,345
    The leftover grits are in the fridge. Going to cut them up and fry in butter for b'fast. Love grits :P
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Looks great Joan! Think I'll give that a try, thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Grits and poblanos, yum! I am a grits lover from way back. Thanks for the idea.
    ·
  • Nice!!
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Joan, that's cruel showing that to me at this time of the morning. They look killer!!
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Me, too, Faith. After a couple of surgeries a few years ago, they couldn't get me to eat anything buy my wife's home made grits. I live on'em for about 2 weeks. Still my favorite.
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    Oh my! Please make these in Plano. They look delicious!
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Oh my goodness, those look terrific.
    ·
    Molly, I like garlic, you may want to use less if you are not a garlic eater.
    It didn't have an overpowering garlic taste stuffed in the pepper, but I fried up the leftover grit mixture this morning and it was good, but garlicky and the sausage really came thru. I may have a new garlic cheese grits casserole cook. :)
    ·
    Fried the leftover grits mixture in buttter this morning got a good crust on the grits... it was good eats. ;) How is your outdoor kitchen coming along?
    ·
    OK just for you. Trying to talk Chief Taster into going to Texarkana and cooking. I so sure I can talk him into it I have already requested vacation days. :whistle:
    Do you know what is the last day you can register to cook?
    Will be bringing the mini.
    ·
    Thanks. LLoyd is not much of a grits eater unless there is maple syrup near, but he inhaled these and never once reached for the syrup
    ·
    Thanks, this is a keeper :)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    WINNER!!! :)
    ·
  • Oh my! What a gorgeous combination of my favorite things. Great post!

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
    Thanks Hoss. It is a keeper ;)
    ·
    There is a song that fits what you wrote. Now I will be humming it the rest of the night :silly:
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    Great. I hope you can make it to Texarkana. Since it is the first year I don't have a clue about the cooking...seems to me if someone wants to feed us something good it would be wise to do it.
    ·