Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Longtime Lurker here

razormarsh
razormarsh Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First time poster.

I have large egg and consider myself an eggspert thanks to many folks on here. I have read on this forum for at least 3 years or so. The collective knowledge about BGE cooking is incredible.

Thanks

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Welcome. Looking forward to reading about and seeing some of your cooks.

GG
  • Thank you sir. When I got my Large, your guide to temps etc. helped me more than you can imagine. I feel like I have mastered ribs, butts, pizza, and chicken. Still working on other things - people say that it is good but I want to be killer. Thanks for your help.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Welcome out of the closet razormarsh, what took ya so long??? :laugh: Better late then never. Like you I had been reading for forum for several months before getting my first egg. As you have stated this forum is invaluable.

Post more often and picture if you can.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    OK, no free rides here, time for you to start contributing!! :laugh: :P
    Cooks, Pics, tutorials :cheer: :P :):)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    razormarsh wrote:
    ...but I want to be killer. Thanks for your help.

Thank you, glad it was helpful.

Not sure how you are going to get past that problem, :laugh::laugh::laugh: I still have the same problem.

You must need to find something you like and then give it a try. Ross in Ventura has done a lot of different cooks and always posts the "how-too's". I have successfully followed a bunch of his cooks. Another good source is thirdeye's blog site. I have had some fantastic cooks off of his site.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Welcome. Don't be a stranger keep coming back. :)

Can't wait to see some of your cooks hope you have a camera. ;)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    By all means, please, lurk no more!!!! Like you, I lurked for years before I finally jumped in - I've learned so much from my friends on this forum. Never been to an eggfest (though I hope to attend one some day) - don't have a lot of gadgets, but I love my egg and the folks on the forum. I'll be looking for your posts/pics! ;)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Elzbth, You need to plan to come to Melbourne next spring, it is a super fest w/ lots of great cooks and folks :cheer: :cheer:
  • I can attest to that! :)
    This Mark Melbourne was our first fest, and next month I'll be at my 4th and Le Ouef Vert his 5th with the infamous Patty O B)
    which we met at Melbourne with so many WONDERFUL people :woohoo: