Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT-where were you 42 years ago today!

2»

Comments

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 183
    At my neighbors house watching it on tv.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,284
    In Junction Texas. We had taken a friends horse to their ranch to pasture out for the summer. Lloyd was in Vietnam
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,891
    I was in third grade, and the bonus from the "Science Service" book club my Dad had just enrolled me in was a plastic model of the Lunar spacecraft, which sat half-finished on my desk in my bedroom. I thanked him by completely wearing out his copies of Aviation Week and Space Technology before he even got home...
    Got to work on the Space Shuttle boosters at Thiokol from '97 to '99; its been a good life. :)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I was working at a Boy Scout international Jamborree in Cour de Lane (sp.), Idaho. Someone supplied all the mess tents with TV's so we could see the walk. I think it was around noon local time as it was around a meal time. Awesome!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    That was ALL great and wonderful and stuff but pales in comparison to Family,Friends,Food and LIFE! B)
    ·
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    I was working at Cape Canaveral at MILA, a tracking station for Apollo. That was a great day! We supported the launch, earth orbits and moon missions.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You were ahead of the curve,selling yodas back then!!! :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    While working at the Cape, between missions we would send someone to a neighborhood bar that made the best hamburgers that I have ever tasted. The name of the place was Harolds and they were located just outside the Cape facility near the indian River between Titusville and Merritt Island. The hamburger was at least 4 inches thick. I doubt that they are still there, but if they are, maybe I'll drive over there and see if they still make those burgers.
    ·
  • Cactus DougCactus Doug Posts: 341
    Missed it, I was not born yet.
    ·
  • ClavinClavin Posts: 91
    Didn't let you watch it?

I would have made you watch it.

I was 5 and have no memory of the event.
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    watched it on tv at home
    ·
  • hmm... I was 10. it happened while I was asleep at night but I watched it in the morning before school. B&W Zenith with Rabbit ears.....
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I was 16 months old, so I was most likely sleeping. :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I was a high school student. Watched the landing and it was amazing. The moon was not the same piece of cheese after that great event.
    ·
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    I was ten years (to the day) from being born.
    ·