Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grilled cod?

BashBash Posts: 1,011
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe for grilled cod? I searched the forum and got no hits for cod - this was a few months back.

Anyway, I fried some, which turned out great. Tasty, nice texture, but of course not very healthy. So the time after that I grilled it, and it was terrible. We threw the leftovers out.

If anyone has had success with grilled cod, I'd love to hear it.

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Not a recipe for cod specifically, but a good way to grill fish on the egg is to cut a lemon into thin slices, lay the lemon on the grid with the fish on top, rub with a small amount of EVOO and sprinkle on your favorite rub//seasoning. Cook on a raised grid around 400 degrees.
    Hope this helps :)
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    If it has been previously frozen, try to wrap it first in a few paper towels and suck out the excess water. Brush with olive oil, dust with s+p or a little rub (I like DP Raising the Steaks), put a few thin slices of lemon on the top, cook till it flakes without turning, just like you would bake it in the oven. I also use a non-stick grill pan. Make up a batch of Emeril's dill sauce to put on after plating.

Lemon Dill Sauce

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000
    Prep Time:15 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:10 minLevel: -- Serves: -- .

Ingredients
    1/2 cup minced shallots
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    Juice of one lemon
    1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
    Salt and pepper

Directions

In a saucepan, combine the shallots, garlic, wine, and lemon. Bring the liquid up to a boil. Stir in the dill and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the mustard and cream, continue to cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter a cube at a time, until all the butter is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
  • hedclownhedclown Posts: 10
    I cookd indirect 300 with the cod brushed with olive oil and on tinfoil.. makes awesome fish tacos
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
    You can throw some fresh herbs directly on the coals. Fennel, dill, tarragon. Whatever you like.
  • Bash, cod is a pretty flaky fish when cooked so I don't recommend throwing it directly onto the grate. You could cook it in a foil pack with butter, wine, and shredded veggies or what I like to do is blanch large swiss chard leaves and wrap individual fillets. The leaves will char and hold the fish together.