Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Does Brisket freeze as well as Pulled Pork?

crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
edited 7:32AM in EggHead Forum
My son and his roommates at college (University of Denver) love my Pulled Pork. I freeze it in quart bags. They thaw and reheat.

Does brisket freeze as well as pulled pork? I want to get something different for him to take back to school next week.

Also, is there a way to ship frozen BBQ? Dallas to Denver.

Maybe I should simply do a BBQ exchange with an Egger in the Denver area.
__________ Chris

• BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    I've always had good luck with brisket left overs in the freezer.
  • asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    I put my brisket or pulled pork into quart bags and suck them down with the foodsaver. They freeze pretty good. Can't say for shure with regular bags though.

There has to be a way to ship it because there are places that sell BBQ online. Probably frozen, packed in a styrofoam box and shipped overnight.

I'm just North of Denver and I'm doing a brisket this weekend. Unfortunately, we are going even further North camping.
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    I vacuum sealed 1/2 of an unsliced brisket and heated two months later in boiling water. Tasted as good as the day I cooked it!
  • crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
    Thanks to each of you for the comments. I will try the brisket and see how it works. I can't imagine college boys complaining!
    __________ Chris