Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ping Photo Egg - Southfork Hotel

Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
edited 6:36AM in EggHead Forum
Hey Darian, I can only find a $79 rate on Travelocity. Last year you found a $54....get busy, my friend. I want a cheap rate :laugh:
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    Sorry, very little luck finding deals the last couple times I have looked but I will let you know if I do.
    I thought the SF was OK. Far cry from the Athen's hotel but OK.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    I like the location. It does lack the free breakfast but, heck, we are going to cook breakfast anyway.
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I'll talk to Southfork this week and see if I can get the Eggheads a better rate. The banner will be up very soon. :) The wheels are turning in Plano.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Steve, I know you have told me where the fest is going to held, but my tertiary Alzheimer has kicked in and i forgot.
    Is there a Marriott or Hilton chain hotel near the area? What is Southfork Hotel like?
    Thanks
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    Hi Joan,

Check it out...

http://foreverlodging.com/destination.cfm?PropertyKey=72

It's not a chain and we like it because of its uniqueness and association with J. R. Ewing saga. It's right next door to Twin Peaks where we meet up for drinks before the Meet and Greet too. See Steve's note about getting us a better rate soon.

Glad you are coming. It's really a fun fest.
    ·
    Great. Just so you know, their website shows $89 for a double and Travelocity has it for $79. Last year Photo Egg got us rooms through Travelocity for $54 so the rate can be cut if they want to.

See ya sooner than you think!!!!
    ·
    Thanks for the info. Have bookmarked it. How many weeks out do you make your reservations?
    ·
  • SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 638
    Hey Judy,
    We are booked into this hotel. It has free breakfast, pool and real close to eggfest venue. Check it out. We booked a 1 bedroom suite for $88.00. Also has full kitchen, stove, full size refrig...almost like home...ha ha.

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/DALTCHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Plano-Richardson-Texas/index.do
    ·
    The American Legion at 1236 J Ave.
    ·
    You're right, Jerry. Looks like they have a nice prep area too. It's something to think about....
    ·
  • Hey, Jer!

That's where we want to be! Better book soon, heh?
    ·
    Dang, guys! Are you changing all my planning? :laugh:
    ·
    Yep, blame it on Jerry....
    ·
    Before I make my reservation - what kind of rate did you get?
    ·
    I'm going over there shortly. Bonnie is on vacation and we've been sleeping late. :blush:
    ·
    Don't make a big deal out of it because I think we prefer the Homewood Suites now. Sorry if this is causing you any inconvenience....stay in bed.
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    You know it's only giving him a reason to go next door for lunch. :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
    I know....we'll still have to meet up there for drinks before the Meet and Greet - right????
    ·
    Jerry Thanks for the info. That looks like a winner, the price is right and I can use the corporate discount. Bookmarked
    ·
    Judy, this place is closer to the Homewood Suites. Half-way between the hotel and the Fest site. It's a very nice place! Leroy would love it. ;)

loveandwarintexas.com
    ·