Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last Weekend\'s Cook...a 19hr marathon!

doubleapexdoubleapex Posts: 61
edited 6:18AM in EggHead Forum
I was a little nervous about this one...a 9lb pork butt that I put on the Egg at midnight, Sunday--she hit 195 at 7pm. Here's the photo before the pull--and the second is my left over lump. I was amazed at how much fuel was left--and even untouched after 19 hours at 250!!! One side note--once the butt hit 180, I kicked up the temp to 350ish at the dome because I was running waaaay behind and my guests were hungry. It turned out perfect...moist and delish.

butt.jpg

Interior, with smoke ring

butt2.jpg

lump.jpg[img size=150][/img]

Comments

• IkoIko Posts: 25
    Nice! Great minds think alike...here's my 18 hour pork butt (my first ever) from Sunday night. It went on a little after 1am and finaly reached 200* a little before 7pm. Surprised how long it took since it was only a 7 pounder -- but the grate temp was held between 210-225 the whole time (240-250 dome temp). It was so tender when finished it literally fell apart in my hands when taking off the Egg.

PorkButt1.jpg

PorkButt2.jpg
  • doubleapexdoubleapex Posts: 61
    looks like a nice one!
  • pretty slick, heh? B)

Go forth and EGG