Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my son dumped my egg!

No Flo Rome
No Flo Rome Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
one of my twin boys attempted to move my large egg and tipped it. been cooking on it it 8 years. cook about twice a week and am now faced with either repairing it, buying another large or gwtting into an xl. i need help. -rome

Comments

• First kill the kid.Then do proper morning for at least 24hrs.Then kill the kid again.Then buy another large or just get 2.Then use guilt for whatever you want from the kid for the rest of his life it will work.Just say remember the time when you broke my egg.It will work for years and years to come.
  • please don't lay a guilt trip on the boy.....just let him use the "repaired" BGE and he will learn a great lesson ;)
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Go by a hardware store and buy some furnace cement. Then with the help of your sons, put humpty back together again. It may take several days to reassemble since it may need to let some parts set before adding in the next parts. Once reassembled, it will look ugly but will cook just fine. Then, start figuring what your next egg will be. Since you're already talking XL, it appears you were already headed that way. As DOW said, let the kids cook on the old one and they will learn to appreciate it. And as dave said, always use the memory of the breakage whenever you need something from the kids - and since they're twins, you can get away with saying you forget which one did it. :-)
  • Thank you all.
    No, cant ride the kid at all. He was moving my egg to get to our wheel barrow to pick up debri scattered in the yard from a storm the previous eve. He didnt ask me to help him move it because he wanted to surprise me with the work. he's only 11 and to be helping out at 7am on a sunday morning without being told.... he's a keeper.
    -as for the egg, it has a complete crack around the base of the egg about parallel to the bottom vent/damper. so the whole bottom comes right off. if it can be repaired, i am in business.
  • reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    Sorry to hear about the egg.
  • You should be able to buy just the base, or whatever parts broke. If your dealer doesn't stock them they can definitely order them.
    Cheaper then buying a whole new egg.
  • A friend of ours about 10 years ago was trying to suprise her live in boyfriend and bought him and egg. Instead of asking us to help 2 doors down she tried to get it out of her car into a wheelbarrel. It tipped she dumped it and cracked base...Stars were shining on her and it helped to be good looking. She brought it back to dealer and they relaced base for her at no charge..
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • thank you all. i will pursue it this weekend. -r