Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

my son dumped my egg!

No Flo RomeNo Flo Rome Posts: 55
edited 3:57PM in EggHead Forum
one of my twin boys attempted to move my large egg and tipped it. been cooking on it it 8 years. cook about twice a week and am now faced with either repairing it, buying another large or gwtting into an xl. i need help. -rome

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Sorry about that. Buy what you want.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Buy another Large and repair the broken one with JB Weld.Use it (the repaired one) for lo n slo only. ;)
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Sounds like you want to go for the XL.
  • BarManBeanBarManBean Posts: 129
    wow, that sounds terrible! I think i agree with the "buy a new large, and fix the old one for low and slows.'

Also, build a table for the new one so it can't fall down and go 'boom'!
  • asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    What broke? Do you think your dealer can sell you just the broken parts? Proly be cheaper than a whole new one.
  • I too am interested in what breaks when they tip over. I have almost done it several times on my wooden deck. Little wheels, heavy weight, recipe for disaster.

Hopefully, just the inside stuff....

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391
    Man, that sux, I'm sorry!
    You didn't say what exactly broke, so it's hard to give good advice.
    Top smashed? Bottom smashed? Both smashed?
    If it's one or the other, I'd say definitely look into fixing it.
    Good advice with putting it in a table!
    Let us know what you decide.
    RicklessssssS in Oregon
  • it tipped over, hit the driveway and the bottom half near the air flow damper has a complete crack around the entire lower portion of the egg. was ready to run out and buy another, but would like to give repairing a try. if i repair it though, i want to be able to cook with no limitations. -r