Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT dog names

2»

Comments

• EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    n/m
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,392
    nice looking pup. everything i read says the temperament are about the same, just a little smaller package
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    OK, how about "Gaddis"
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    My vote is for Gunner or Gunnar, the German spelling.
    ·
    no hollering here :)
    my last dog had a zapper collar, only used it twice, then let him wear it for a year, always came back :laugh:
    the new collars even track the dog for miles
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SportDOG-TEK-SERIES-DOG-SHOCK-TRAINING-GPS-COLLAR-/380351666994#vi-content
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    sir galahad
    ·
    i like gunner too, not sure i want to tag him with a hunting type name in my area, lots of anti's in the area. take him to maine and it would fit right in, just north of boston its all different, leash laws, pooper scoops, walking behind dogs with plastic bags, ill be avoiding that til the end. my last dog was the only dog in the whole neighborhood on the loose, just had that puppy bounce that seemed to bother no one, i think a more playful name around the house will go along ways
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    But we Bostonians hate that name.
    ·
  • Gruyere. Call him Cheese for short.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,823
    Gollum?

Oh, hey; one of the columnists in our local paper has a Corgi named "Gimli". B)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    How about Ginger? for a female

or Gibson for a male.

from a famous american illustrator, Charles Dana Gibson they named a drink after. It's a martini with tiny white onion vs. the olive.

Or Gimlet :P

what about Gnocchi?

GUAVA!!! that's my favorite so far ;)
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    I agree with you about the political correctness, but maybe it's time those in the people's republic of mass. showed a little tolerance!
    ·
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
    I love that tradition, my import is a French Water Dog (Barbet) from 2007, "C" year. I had a Gillis, and considered a Galileo when I had a "G" dog.
    ·
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 183
    Let's see, Griddle, Grits, or Grub.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    How about Gage? It is of French origin and means “A pledge”, and gage also has a historical nautical meaning.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Ghee.
    ·
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 183
    Garcon, french for waiter. I'm also partial to Gumbo but somebody beat me to it.
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    How about grenouille - after all he's french? (they can be food)
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Cutter!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Gargoyle. :silly: :unsure: :blink:
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Ok, how about 'Grrrrriller' ?

or Garbonza or Gremolada

or 'Grits'
    ·
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Here are a couple ideas:

Gigot - French for leg of lamb

Grits

Ghee - Clarified butter in Asian cooking

Gammon - Same cut of pork as ham, but currddifferently.

I Googled and got these terms. I like a couple. Good luck and enjoy that new pup!

Dave
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    Jeffersonian wrote:
    Cutter!

Great name in my books - but to meet the criteria of starting with a G it would have to be Gutter - and I bet that wouldn't fly!
    ·
  • Mrs Woodhouse said that the hard "G" sound was one of the easier sounds for dogs to recognizze. he think she also preferred two-syllable names.

No matter what the dog looks like, I like "Gravy" !
    I think it sounds like a Dog's name, too.
    ·
    looking up names i came across something that said they here a long e at the end very well, gravey and gordie both have that. ill have to wait and see what colors are in the next litter.... maybe if there is a purple dog :laugh: im good with either gravy or gordie right now.
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    hopefully a two -eyed, four legged, running purple gravy eater..... :)
    ·