Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple but tasty burgers

Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited 10:14AM in EggHead Forum
Decided to cook burgers tonight by request of the 6 yr old son. Sprinkled Dizzy Pig Cow Lick on them and cooked them around 450 degrees. I also threw some baby bellas and vidalia onions in my cast iron boats with a healthy spot of butter and some fresh cracked pepper. Everyone have a great evening!
sprinkled
018.jpg
on
025.jpg
flipped
028.jpg
toasted bun
034.jpg
ready to eat
037.jpg
041.jpg
And the bonus! My three year old Sawyer on the Kazuma 50 I bought them a few years ago. Hilarious to watch!
010.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Heath, I love a good hamburger off the egg and the onion roll tops it off. :P

I see your son is having a great time. ;)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    NICE COOK!.Sometimes simple is the BEST! I like the onion roll bun. ;)
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    Nice cook! I love burgers off of the Egg! Fun photo of your son as well!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Yes, onion rolls are the way to go! They compliment a good thick burger very nicely.
    Thanx! Me likey onion rolls too!
    Thanx! Yes, they love that 4-wheeler. My 6 year old just learned how to shift the gears. Just in case you didn't know, a 50cc will flat sling a 50 pound kid like a rag doll!
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    I have a 5 and 9 year old daughters, they would love trying something like that out!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Your son needs gloves, long pants and long sleeved shirt... ;)

(See my profile)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Terrific simple flavors makes a meal Heath! You got it right! Love the cowboy boots while riding.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Looks very yummy.

Where did you find the CI boat for the onions and mushrooms?
    I barely got shorts and a helmet on him. He was running around in underwear and boots. Thats his normal attire. :lol: :lol:
    Thanks Molly. Yea, the boots are hard to get off at bedtime. He has a pair of rubber frog boots he's pretty fond of too. I like to let them dress themselves before heading out on the town with dad for the day. Makes for some interesting conversations! :)
    I believe the cast iron boats came from Cabellas online store. I seen them somewhere else lately but can't put my finger on it. I love em. They are great for asparagus, onions peppers, shrimp, or single servings of beans.
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Those are some tasty looking burgers! Nice Cook!
    Thanks!
  • DanBDanB Posts: 44
    Lodge makes some CI boats like that. You can find them at Kitchen Kapers, Williams-Sonoma, or pretty much any cooking store.

- dan