Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The plan was steak, but...

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 845
edited 6:33PM in EggHead Forum
wife called and wanted pizza. So I fired up the Egg.

IMAG0002.jpg

and started putting together pizzas.

Ham and Pineapple:

IMAG0001.jpg

Ham, pepperoni, bacon, onion, black olive, mushrooms:

IMAG0003.jpg

Whoever recommended Parchment Paper, THANK YOU! Made the cook so much easier.
After pulling the paper:

IMAG0005.jpg

The end result. Dinner is ready!

IMAG0004.jpg

The wife was happy with dinner so it was a success.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
·

Comments

• KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    Looks great

Remember if Mamas not happy nobody is happy.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Lookin good! :)
    ·
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    Nice pies! What did you use for dough?
    ·
  • I used dough from a local pizza shop here.

·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looks like "Plan B" was a winner :woohoo:
    ·
  • So how long are you pre-cooking that crust before you put the goodies on it?

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
  • No pre-cooking. Work the dough out to size, add all the toppings, straight out to the pizza stone. About three minutes, pull the paper and let the pie cook till golden brown.

·
  • Yeah, I thought steaks sounded good. But those pies were awesome. Glad she had a better idea.

·
  • Dave in Florida wrote:
    No pre-cooking. Work the dough out to size, add all the toppings, straight out to the pizza stone. About three minutes, pull the paper and let the pie cook till golden brown.

My mistake. I thought those crusts looked like they had a little tan.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
  • That is the garlic butter I spread on the end ring.

·