Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Bobby Flay just tweeted this...

walruseggerwalrusegger Posts: 313
edited 3:18PM in EggHead Forum
I'm having Big Green Egg fever... Pork loin this weekend. low and slow

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Too bad the food channel's in bed with weber. :unsure:
  • walruseggerwalrusegger Posts: 313
    and just followed that tweet up with this one:

if you guys have been watching BBQ Addiction on @FoodNetwork Sunday's at 11am set you know I'm showing a little Green Egg favoritism.
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Yeah, too bad he can't even say Big Green Egg on his show. He calls it a green ceramic...
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,362
    Hmmmm, For the exposure, I'm wondering if ATL didn't just 'gift' one for use on the set...
    He and Guy Fieri both cook on Eggs at home.
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 183
    Now if he will use lump charcoal and not slam the lid all will be forgiven.
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I was all excited about that show, then I missed the second episode, but saw that I could catch on I did, he didn't even touch the Egg that day. Then I lost track of it. People are so demanding in the summer!
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I'm not sure how long he has been cooking with one to be honest. He whips the lid open real fast, slams it down when closing it, and once he walked away from the Egg with the bottom vent WIDE OPEN after he just stated that he was going to let the meat cook at 250 for 6hrs ... everything I did my rookie season. :blink:

I like Bobby, but he makes me scream at the tv sometimes.

(But then again I tend to scream at the local newscasters too :blush: )
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    It is just a TV show. Most folks wouldn't notice the little things. We can just laugh. He likely isn't sitting there for those 6 hours or even doing it himself. I wouldn't blame him though.
    I didn't say he cooks on it 'well' :laugh:
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Pork loin low and slow? Hope ya like chewing, Bobby...
  • not sure how many episodes there are for BBQ Addiction but I heard he cooks on the Egg in 8 of the episodes