Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Patio for the Egg

MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to everyone who helped me with dimensions for the egg cutout. It turned out great!

IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0755.jpg
Chester County, PA
·

Comments

• Looks like part of the Royal family:]
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    That is gorgeous! I wish I had the ability to do things like that.
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,714
    Beautiful looking patio and EGG island. Very nice!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very nice job!! Only problem I see is you did not allow for your 2nd Egg!! Or 3rd :whistle: :P
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    LOL . . . that is what I was curious about.
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Dayum! Very nice masonry!
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,470
    Great Patio Matty

Ross
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,714
    Is that granite? quartz?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wow! You have a very nice patio - perfect placement on the egg! :)
    ·
  • MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
    It's granite.
    Chester County, PA
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Very nice Matty!!
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    WOW,
    That is one cool looking patio setup, now get that egg a smokin and keep the pictures coming.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • purcelljpurcellj Posts: 44
    Beautiful patio!

I work in West Chester, let me know if you any problems operating.
    John
    ·
  • bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 267
    INCREDIBLE! Nice, clean and amazing. Great job!
    ·
  • Beauteous!!! Congrats!
    ·
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Looks fantastic ! To me, it would be even better if there weren't so many houses so close together.
    (I like my space) :)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Matty, looks like we could organize a nice dance & party there, tell me when....looks really nice
    ·
  • Double BogeyDouble Bogey Posts: 588
    Very nice Matty, you will get many years of enjoyment out of that setup.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Very nice! I bet you're going to have a lot of fun out there.
    ·
  • Very nice! How about posting a picture at night with all the lights on?
    ·
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Great looking set up. You will enjoy!!!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Looks great. I only see one problem.....there is no fence to keep the neighbors at bay. Once they taste some of your egged food, what's to stop them from sneaking down and grabbing stuff off the egg when you aren't looking? :laugh:

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • windnsea26windnsea26 Posts: 87
    I am surprised also to not see any fences there. Is privacy an issue there yet?
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    When we came to Washington from California and were looking for housing, I was really surprised to see housing like that, with no fencing. I was told fences were a California thing. Obviously places other than California have fences, even places in Washington, but I'm used to that no fence look now.

In a way, it's kind of cool because it means you are forced to get to know your neighbors more. Unless, of course, you live next door to idiots.

I'm sure Matt's neighbors are delighted to have him in their midst! The smells coming from his yard must drive the whole neighborhood nuts!
    ·
  • MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
    Thanks everyone! We love it! Made a pizza Saturday night and some wings on Sunday night.

The electric is not yet hooked up to the house so I can't take a pic of the lights yet. We were thinking of doing those flicker glow bulbs. They aren't very bright but would look cool like real gas lanterns. We'll have to see how it looks. We also need to add a railing to the stairs and the patio will be complete.

It's a new development so there aren't many fences. The ones I have seen arent really privacy fences but are black aluminum for keeping pets/kinds in, etc. I just had 9 trees planted on the other side of the property to block us off from all of the houses down the street. I am keeping the egg side open for now...there are only 2 neighbors on that side and they are cool.
    Chester County, PA
    ·
  • golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    Gorgeous patio!!
    ·
  • Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
    Very nice!!!
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Great set-up.....Nice house, too. Thought it might be a southern home at first.....given all the windows. Looks like a great place to sip a cocktail and enjoy eggin.
    ·