Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Thermometer Question

snook76snook76 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello - I'm new to the BGE and to the forum. I cooked on the egg for the first time and everything went well - although it took me a while to a) get the fire started and b)get the temperature right. Anyhow, it really does make some good food.

I have a question about the thermometer. It doesn't appear to be working after the first cook. This morning the temperature was reading 0 degree farenheit - where as before it would sit at room temperature. I checked the calibration before my first cook (with boiling water) and it performed spot on but now seems to have gone wrong.

Is there some trick to these things? anyway that I can get this fixed or am I stuck with having to get a new one?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments