Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon tonight(pic hvy)

"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,it's been a long week trying to finish a deadline job,working 12 hrs a day and even 8 hrs yesterday :pinch: .I finally had time to fire up an egg today for some wild caught sockeye salmon :woohoo: We were in a hurry(gotta get the kids cleaned up and ready for bed),so I fired up the XL direct to about 375* and put the fish on.I used a little Old Bay(I need to restock all of my Dizzy Pig Rubs and Carnivore Rub) :pinch: Anywho,the weather was just about perfect for grilling,so here's some pix ;)

010-31.jpg

008-17.jpg

013-20-1.jpg

015-19-1.jpg

026-11-1.jpg

Time for a quick flip

027-9-1.jpg

Then back to skin down

038-6-1.jpg

033-6-1.jpg

I also cooked some cherry tomatoes stuffed with garlic and a little balsamic vinegar(in foil)for a bit,then added fresh garlic mozzarella balls before serving :woohoo:

020-12-1.jpg

054-2.jpg

OK,here's my ugly,but delicious plate :blush:

058-3.jpg

Now it's time to retire to my newly reupholstered bar stool for a bit before bedtime :P

077.jpg

and yes,that is lime green duck tape :) My little Cameroo just sat back and watched the rest of us eat :) Good times,thx for lookin ;)

074.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Would have loved that meal Doug! Fresh flavors for sure! That cuttie is getting so dang big. Keep up the great work!!
    I bought one of these salmon filets for the afterparty. I'll brine Thirdeye style and cold smoke next weekend.
    Be well.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    Man thats a great looking Salmon and Bar Stool. How long did you cook the Salmon
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    I would take that "ugly" plate any day. It looks like it was a delicious meal.
  • brisket30
    brisket30 Posts: 122
    My Father-In-Law is in Alaska has we speak fishing for salmon and halibut. I can't wait for him to bring it over and say what time do we eat. Looks awesome!
  • NC Bill
    NC Bill Posts: 19
    We just got back from Alaska today! Cooking salmon tomorrow. Yours looks great. How long was it on?
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Doug you really know what family quality time is all about, great cook & Family. Felicidades buddy
  • Nice looking salmon, but the garlic stuffed toms + more garlic and fresh moz really grabbed my attention :woohoo:

Quit abusing that poor baby :ohmy: Mash up some salmon for him!
    When mine was young, he loved salmon cream cheese :blush:
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great, Doug. Love salmon. I would love to see temperatures that low!! 80's? What's that? We've been 100+ for way too long.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Nice dinner, Doug. Your baby boy is adorable.

I did not know they made duct tape in electric green.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    hmmm did Faith send you a package from Hungryman? Al is missing his beloved green shorts.... looks kind of like your new stool cover.......
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Oh and nice looking salmon :) and little one LOL
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks everyone.I had some alcohol induced computer issues last night and couldn't reply :pinch: Now I'm too tired to reply to everyone :blush: Anyway,I cooked the salmon direct at 375 for about 15 minutes(5 skin down,5 skin up,then 5 more skin down).It was slightly overdone,just the way wifey likes it :)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    So much Win in those photos. I want your spatula, that handle is gorgeous!

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.