Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
edited 2:16AM in EggHead Forum
I've decided to join the cult of "loney!" I purchased a 1.5 lbs Boars Head Loney and it hits the BGE tomorrow for a smoke! I've read past posts about technique. I'm curious what is your favorite wood chip/chunk for loney smoking? I have Apple, Hickory, Mesquite, Alder, and Jack Daniels. Any recommendations? I'll update the results tomorrow! DSC08241.jpg

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    The JACK. ;) Welcome aboard! B)
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Since I am fairly new to this does this make the bologna a little meat a little more smokier. Thanks call me a newbie.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Hickory or Jack
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Here is some pic's of what I have done with my chub. ;)

Have fun with yours. :whistle:

• EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 180
    I did 6lbs. over the weekend. First time. I usually do not like bologna, but this different. I smoked mine with cherry wood. 4 hours at 250. Used mustard, soy sauce, and worstorshire (spelling?), then BBQ rub, and finally brown sugar. It came out fantastic. I am a convert.