Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare ribs vs baby backs

JeffM
JeffM Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have used Car Wash Mike's recipe for baby backs(less the sauce finish) and they turned out excellent in about 5 hours. What difference in time roughly should I expect in cooking spare ribs? In other differences to look out for?

Comments

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Usually just another hour or so, if they aren't too big. I usually trim them St. Louis style, if you leave them whole they may take longer.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I love smoking spare ribs trimmed St. Louis style. You will find depending on how meaty and fatty ribs are depends on how long they take to get done. I have had St. Louis style only take around 5 hours while others report up to 7 hours. I love St. Louis style ribs because the fat content in them make them flavor full and I grind the boneless trimmings and make my own sausage and turn around and make it into a fattie and smoke it... :woohoo: :P