Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Composite or Wood mates

Crob28Crob28 Posts: 7
edited 7:38AM in EggHead Forum
Noticed most people on the forum without a table are using wooden mates....seems like the composite would be a lot easier to clean and maintain...

Any thoughts?
·

Comments

• WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    That's probably because the composite mates are fairly new.
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    I'm new to the Egg scene and I got the composite shelves with my large. I've been happy with them, just a little concerned of what will happen when I set something hot on them.
    ·
  • Mine LIKE something HOT!!
    ·
  • Both have pros and cons....
    Went with composite to withstand hot, dry climate.
    No regrets B)
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,578
    I have the wood...they are looking pretty grimy! If I had it to do over again I would probably go with composite. I would be concerned about setting hot things on them, but I have my old gasser sitting next to it for a landing pad for hot items.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·