Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ground beef

smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,342
edited 3:09PM in EggHead Forum
I did a search on the forum, bought a grinder for my mixer and made hamburger today. For the newbies out there, you must get your beef cold before grinding! Sliced into 1 inch strips and into the freezer for 1 1/2 hours.

001-48.jpg

008-38.jpg

016-26.jpg

added some asparagus:

017-25.jpg

025-10.jpg
Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX

Comments

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Nice looking burgers. Loved the asparagus too. We brush ours with olive oil and add fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. It's very good.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,342
    Thanks Heath!
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I love my cast Iron grate as well. I think it does twice the job the porcelain does. Just my opinion. They hold heat so well, I think it sets you up for a better sear, even on burgers.
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    It all looks good. What cuts of Beef did you use ? Also, how did you make you hamburgers look like that ? I have seen hamburgers like that at the stores.

Thanks. You have given me inspiration.

Gary
    Love the cast iron!
    I used boneless beef chuck. I found a plastic hamburger press a the grocery store.... :)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    There ya go! B) You KNOW what's in that! ;)
    From the Legend himself! :laugh:
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Was that Boneless Beef Chuck Short Ribs or Beef Chuck Roast ?

The ADD problem is there so many ways to do it. How did they come out ? Juicy ?
    I have read using sirloin steak and Beef Chuck Short Ribs together. It's all good either way.

Thanks.

Gary
    Roast. As my first attempt they were outstanding. I will try different combinations, but there was enough fat to keep them nice and juicy.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,894
    Give brisket a shot. Works out well for burgers.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).