Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey tenderloin question

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone!

My daughter asked me to cook some turkey tenderloins (tips) for her. OK, this is one I have yet to try on the Egg. I'm afraid of it drying out and would love to hear from y'all on the best way to cook them. Temp, direct, indirect, raised grid, etc.?

As always THANKS!!!!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    "turkey tenderloins (tips)"

Is that like a pork tenderloin or small pieces?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    It doesn't have much fat at all. That's the concern about drying it out.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I dunno . . . maybe wrap some bacon around it?

Take that with the full understanding that I have
    never attempted what you are. :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have done a few of these with good success. I go raised grid direct at 300 and flip often. Cook time is tough becasue they can vary in size. I cooked to i believe 170 and let it rest about ten minutes before slicing. They have always come out very juicy and tasty. Good luck!
  • nuynai
    nuynai Posts: 101
    Options
    Brining them couldn't hurt, wrap in bacon and go low and slow to internal around 140, then wrap in foil and let rest for internal to go up to 150.
    Did turkey legs that way to internal 140, foiled and rest for one hour. Wife loved them, very moist and delicious.