Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig?

Options
mimauler
mimauler Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I own an XL would the adjustable rig be the best way to go for added cooking space. From what I can tell you also need to buy the cooking grids for the different levels is that true? Thanks all!

Comments

• Walt Dockery
    Options
    I have an adjustable rig for my large and I like it. Seems like the best way to add space and versatility to the egg. It does get expensive though as you start adding components, they have a starter set type set up that includes most of what you need but you may need to add a new grate to that (I don't remember exactly what was included in my set and what I added separately ... go to the website that sells it and they explain it pretty well).
  • reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    Options
    I have an adjustable rig for my large and would definitely recommend it for getting more space or getting your food higher in the egg.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Tom offers a package that will give you the essentials you need to increase both the flexibility and capacity of your Egg. Give him a call....tell him you have a budget and he'll put together the package that suits your needs and your budget. You'll probably only buy it once, in that the gear is really well made.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Do what transversal says! :):)
  • purcellj
    purcellj Posts: 44
    Options
    I went with the Woo3 and I'm very happy.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Options
    Pay a little more and get the adjustable rig over the woo. It is a lot more versatile. A friend of mind got the Woo and likes it, but regrets not getting the adj. rig.