Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled beef (Pic Heavy)

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry to say but I had never heard of pulled beef before I saw a post a couple days ago on the forum. I used Clay Q's method on the dizzy pig website. Started with (2) 4.5 pound chuck roasts and rubbed with cow lick. I smoked them with Cherry wood wrapped in maple bacon in a v rack over a drip pan filled with water and the rub that fell off for about 5 hours at 250 dome to 160 degrees. Removed them and put the bacon in the bottom of my dutch oven and then in went the roasts, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 2/3 cup of the drippings from the drip pan. Back on the egg at 250 dome till they hit 205 and I removed them and wrapped them in aluminum foil for 30 minutes while I froze the drippings from the dutch oven to get the fat out. I threw the bacon into my cast iron skillet and made some crispy bacon bits. Reduced down the drippings and added a little barbecue sauce and I have to say this is better than any pulled pork I have ever had.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Comments