Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waffle practice 2

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I had batter left over, thought I'd try a savory waffle.
Polidori, which is spicy and delicious. Red pepper and the greens of an oinion. All local products.

Waffles2001.jpg

Hot today, and it's a really dry heat here.

Waffles2007.jpg

Waffles2008.jpg

Waffles2009.jpg

Waffles2010.jpg

Waffles2013.jpg

I don't think that this worked tonight. Perhaps a different batter. So I finished with a blueberry for the final one.
Fun to experement.

Waffles2014.jpg

Waffles2015.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    I must say that the blueberry waffle looks scrumptious :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Lookin good Molly! :) Google Chicken and Waffels. :woohoo: YUMMEE!
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Nice work
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks. I'll stick to sweet.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks.
    I dunno about that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    We'd all miss a lot if we never stepped outside the lines...the blueberry waffle looks very tasty. I go through spells with waffles - sometimes we have cheese, or pecans, or fresh fruits - haven't egged them (yet)! :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: ;) YUMMEE stuff! :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    True that Elizabeth!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Man all these waffles makes me wanna whip up a batch in the AM. B)

I had an epic fail with the waffle thing to. Ground up chicken thighs and used a #5 Griswold skillet for a patty mold. Breaded with Panko and shallow fried in a skillet on the LBGE. The patty was perfectly sized for the chickie-wafffle sammich. Was gonna quarter them and serve at Peoria Eggfest with a little Aunt Jamima's. They looked good, chicken was tender, but they were too rich. :S :blush:
    May have to revisit the chickie-waffle sammich and try the patties raised indirect or use a cast iron griddle?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Great looking waffles Molly. What did you put on your savory one? Was that a sweet syrup? I like the idea of the sausage in the waffle but I might have tried a cream sauce, maybe with more sausage in it, sort of borrowing from the biscuits and gravy way of thinking if you know what I mean. Just a thought. I have never heard of Chili Beer.

The blueberry looks perfect! :)

Gator

• leeflash
    leeflash Posts: 66
    Options
    blueberry waffles um um good ;)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    The blueberry looks awesome!!, on the savory, it sounds good to me to, is it tweakable, or just didnt work at all?
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Nice job Molly, you are going to have a lot of fun with that iron! :woohoo:
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Creative waffles C.B! I have relatives in The Black Forest area of C.S. and never heard of it gettin to those triple digit temps in that part. WoW!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997