Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Ranch Appeals To Familiar Bird

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just stepped out to the back .40 and spotted a whole pair of Geococcyx Californianus that happened to be strolling around like they may want to take up residence here at the Chicken Ranch. Being as though they come from the Cuckoo family they would probably fit right in.

I approached them with tender heart and measuring stick to see if they might fit the Large but they moved away as if they recognized the 'Acme' company logo on the stick. But I could tell right off they were 'Runners' and probably not captureable even with the latest gadgets from Acme. And there is always the chance that my efforts to capture them may backfire. (I've seen how well they manage to avoid capture by one Wile E. Coyote.)

Anyway, they jumped up on the fence apparently deciding not to challenge my authority here. But they will be back because Spring Hen spotted one yesterday. I'm thinking they are the bashful type but like it here and will eventually broach the subject of possible residency.

I suppose I'll need to carry a camera full-time while outside from now on so you guys will believe me.

Never a dull moment here at the Chicken Ranch.

Spring "Birds Of A Feather..." Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments