Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Found a 10 inch pizza stone

BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
edited 9:40PM in EggHead Forum
I finally found a 10 inch stone for my small BGE. I went by a ceramic supply store and asked if they had a round 10 inch kiln shelf. They did and I thought the price was reasonable ($18.00.) The lady said it would handle about 1700 degrees. We'll see. Looks like the airflow will be ample.

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looking good.... ;)
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,734
    Some of us Elder Eggheads remember when even the plate setter was just a device used in ceramic kilns in the ceramic industry. My Mom had kiln furniture in her ceramic shop so I recognized it right off.

Someone thought, "Hummmmmm!!!" and decided to try one on the Egg. Now it's officially a Big Green Egg accessory.

Spring "Blast From The Past" Chicken
    Spring Texas Usa
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks John, now to find a similar store around Cincinnati :P
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,651
    You Sir are becoming a very good Egg ;)
    Nice fine.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Frank, if you can't find one I have the lady's card from the store and she said she could ship to anyone that needed one.
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Spring Chicken, you may be an elder Egghead but I am older than you. You just have more miles than me! :laugh:
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 400
    yep John, A lt of rough miles me thinks !!!!

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Looks like it was made to fit on a small egg. Now go cook some pizza on it!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BuddyBuddy Posts: 17
    has anyone tried a bit of oil on the stone and cooking fish