Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Found a 10 inch pizza stone

BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
edited 10:05PM in EggHead Forum
I finally found a 10 inch stone for my small BGE. I went by a ceramic supply store and asked if they had a round 10 inch kiln shelf. They did and I thought the price was reasonable ($18.00.) The lady said it would handle about 1700 degrees. We'll see. Looks like the airflow will be ample.
[url]stone-10-inch.jpg
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looking good.... ;)
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    Some of us Elder Eggheads remember when even the plate setter was just a device used in ceramic kilns in the ceramic industry. My Mom had kiln furniture in her ceramic shop so I recognized it right off.

Someone thought, "Hummmmmm!!!" and decided to try one on the Egg. Now it's officially a Big Green Egg accessory.

Spring "Blast From The Past" Chicken
    Spring Texas Usa
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks John, now to find a similar store around Cincinnati :P
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    You Sir are becoming a very good Egg ;)
    Nice fine.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Frank, if you can't find one I have the lady's card from the store and she said she could ship to anyone that needed one.
    ·
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Spring Chicken, you may be an elder Egghead but I am older than you. You just have more miles than me! :laugh:
    ·
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 400
    yep John, A lt of rough miles me thinks !!!!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Looks like it was made to fit on a small egg. Now go cook some pizza on it!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • BuddyBuddy Posts: 17
    has anyone tried a bit of oil on the stone and cooking fish
    ·