Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yo, Sprinter, a report on Cat's meat loaf receipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's my report as promised. I followed Cat's receipe to a T. It was very tasty and certainly not what you would call your mother's meatloaf! Quantity wise there's 2.5 lb of meat so we will be revisiting it again. Put it on your "to try" list.
PS it's a festive looking thing due to the chopped red peppers, minced parsley, and a couple cheeses.
PPS Thanks Cat if you read this! ^oo^~

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    one feral kat,[p]Yeppers, meat loaf on the egg is great stuff. Its going to be a staple at sprinters house for sure. Thanks for the info on Cat's recipe, I'll give it a try. I would highly recommend spicecooks recipe as well and Gfw has a wonderful writeup on how to make it. Great pics and all.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    one feral kat,
    Cat's meat loaf made my "to try cooking" list about .00001 seconds after I stuck the first bite in my mouth at the eggfest. It has everything you look for in a meal! Moisture, great texture, nice color and incredible flavors.[p]Geez, we really lucked out! Even though she didn't cook her butterflied stuffed-under-the-skin turkey at the fest, we ended up with the recipe! Then she pulls this meatloaf outta nowhere that knocked my socks off. Now we got that recipe for that too!! That is what I call a BONUS. Thanks again Cathy.[p]Glad it worked out well for you OFC.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Kona Tim
    Kona Tim Posts: 35
    Nature Boy,---looked all over---where is the recipe posted? Interested in giving it a go. Thanks,[p]Kona Tim

• kona tim, her receipe is under beef on the submitted receipe area and is called eggfest98 meatloaf or something like that. Boy, it is good! ^oo^~
    http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/beef0146.htm