Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Night Pizza Night

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
edited 4:35PM in EggHead Forum
Friday Night Pizza Night always works for us. Easy and quick cook and always tasty.

Mine was half pepperoni, bacon and home grown basil, the other half was the same, but with turkey bacon just to see if I could tell a difference.

P1020813.jpg

Stacie's

P1020814.jpg

On the Egg

P1020815.jpg

P1020816.jpg

I didn't get any final pictures, because I was hungry and hot and that led me to forget. Hope y'all have a goood weekend.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Looks great. I love pizzas on the egg. Did you make your own dough?
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Both pies look great. Could you tell the difference between the bacon?
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Tim - yeah, I used the recipe on the Nakid Whiz's website. Just throw all the ingredients in a bread machine and let it go.

Mark - I really didn't notice much of a difference. yeah, side by side you could tell they were different, but if you are trying to eat healthier and just used the turkey, you probably wouldn't be disappointed.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Looks great, I always have to make a veggie one for my wife too
    ·