Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Do you know about chili?

hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited 7:36PM in EggHead Forum
Here's a clue. Please don't shoot the messenger! :woohoo:

chili.png
·

Comments

• RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 206
    That is funny stuff! Thank you, I needed a good midday laugh.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    You crack my A$$ up :laugh:

The frozen fest batch just getting underway. :whistle:
    IMG_1944-1.jpg

Hitch a ride with Darian to this winters gathering, and we'll show ya a thing'er two. :whistle:
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Adam, you must be the little red dot in Minnesota.
    ·
    Glad I could be of service.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    Too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I only made 9 batches of that magic last winter. :ohmy:

All this talk is gonna drive me to make another today. :pinch:
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
    Needs another blob around New Mexico, "Knows what chile is..." :P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • rmr62rmr62 Posts: 16
    Why is it, to me, that the purple section looks like a hunk of meat at the butcher shop just begging for an egg to get on!! (Shape at least)
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,294
    wow, there is a lot of closet chili bean eaters in texas :laugh: :laugh: is it wrong to say that the texans are in the closet :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,572
    Hmmm, folks been making chili (and tamales) in Chicago since 1893. And "Coney Dogs", hot dogs topped with chili, started in Michigan in 1914. Go figure.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Steve,

Pretty obvious Canucks don't know B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,294
    according to my trip to the supermarket, chili contains beans. all the cans of chili without beans said CHILI NO BEANS or CHILI WITHOUT BEANS.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    Found this recipe over 30 years ago in a 'Marlboro Country' cookbook, and it's my fav to this date (includes beans). I'm not into hot-hot, so I use half the amount of cayenne pepper and also add a jar of sliced, roasted, red peppers. It freezes well and I usually make a double batch or more for the future!!~~

http://www.recipesource.com/soups/chili/wild-card1.html
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh:
    That is too funny fishlessman, it made my day. :lol: :silly:

Have a great weekend,
    Bordello
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    I live in MD and agree that chili doesn't have beans! But then again I did grow up in CA and lived in Tucson, AZ for a couple years. Oh well. ;)
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Gee Steve, I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods but up here it gets mighty Chili in December.
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Chili Umm isn't that made with Chicken and Corn
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,137
    People eat chili in non-snow states? That's just weird. I thought chili was whatever we could find in the fridge and pantry during the winter and heat it up.
    ·
  • missyjanemissyjane Posts: 20
    We eat Chili in Michigan, what gives? You all just don't know about coney. I think they are talkin hot dog sauce. THERE is a distinct battle there. Flint or Detroit style... that is the question.

Coney is NOT chili with or without beans
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    The epicenter of ignorance should be Cincinnati, they put cinnamon and chocolate in their chili! :sick: :laugh: :sick:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Um, yoohoo Steve, you forgot Colorado. This is Spanish country BOY. :laugh: :whistle: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Bring your Polidori sausage to Plano and I'll paint Colorado red! :woohoo:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Ya all just want me for my sausage...geeze :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Hilarious man!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    For Everyone's Infermation.We put beans in chilli for 2 reasons.#1 it makes it taste better! :P ,#2, beans have as much or more protien than steak.Beans are "the poorman's steak". #3 neighbors cattle are more closely watched in this area!!! :laugh: ;)
    ·
    My dear Hoss, if you have to put beans in your chili to make it taste better, you are doing it wrong. :sick:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :laugh: ;) Beans,beans the musical fruit..... :laugh:
    ·
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    Oh yeah--was in Cinci for a business trip when I thought "Hmm, Skyline chili, that sounds tasty."

Turns out it was runny spaghetti sauce. :(
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Cinnci can "F" anything up, and obviously did so with Chili.
    ·