Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs question

Egghead WillieEgghead Willie Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have company who brought a huge rack of pork spare ribs. Do I cook them the same as I do my baby Back?

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,141
    Add about an hour to the cook time over baby backs; that will be great.

:cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Depends on how you cook your baby back ribs. I cook ribs most every week that I am home and I cook my baby backs semi 3-2-1, that's 3 hours at 225 in a rib rack, then wrapped in foil and in the oven or back on the pit for 2 hours, then unwrapped and back on the grill to crisp them up or warm a little "Blues Hog" on the outside. I sometimes cook the spare ribs at the same time and when I take the BB's out of the rack lay the spares back flat on the grill till they are very tender, like Jaydub said about an additional hour. If I was only doing the spares I would probably just cook them a little hotter at 250 and start checking them at about 2 to 3 hours.

Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how they turn out. I am sure they will be great.