Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This worked very well!

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mini at around 250. Waffle iron fits perfect.

Wafflefun001.jpg

I tried Betty Crockers recipe. Added a tsp. more sugar and organic true Ceylon cinnamon. I'll kick that up a notch next time. Tossed in some fresh blueberries. Really impressed with one cook of shortening for the seasoning on the iron. The 2 waffles dropped out great, with the execption of a few blueberries sticking.

Wafflefun002.jpg

Wafflefun003.jpg

Wafflefun005.jpg

Second with a shot on the mini.

Wafflefun006.jpg

Wafflefun008.jpg

Wafflefun009.jpg

I'll have to do double workout tomorrow..hahaha
This was fun tonight!
Folks will dig this at the Denver fest.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    Wish I lived in Denver that looks great. I might have to send my son to the Eggfest just to sample some of those for me. He lives in Littleton. Where is the Eggfest held?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Tim, Check out the banner above. Send him and have him look for me.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I love blueberry waffles/pancakes. Looks awesome!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    You friggin stud! :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good!! Too much trouble for waffles though. :) I use one of these...

208291e.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    That's COOL! I be LOVIN some waffles. :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Molly, Them waffles look very good. :P
  • Primeggister1
    Options
    Awesome Molly!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Yea, just like you rockstar. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Pepe Le Pew
    Options
    For some reason, waffles from this always seem to taste much better than the round ones.

waffle.jpg
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I couldn't find a square one for Colorado... :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Hey Tex, you know a "Doug Kuykendahl" from around Houston that shoots sporting clays (pretty good)?
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    sorry tex, the spelling might be different or maybe I can't spell.
  • Pepe Le Pew
    Options
    My mamma told me that Kuykendall was Dutch and Kuykendahl was German, or vice versa ... I forget.

I think all of them were a bunch of thieves anyway.

There's a street in N. Houston called Kuykendahl.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    It's a perfect pre-hike breakfast ;)

Lookin' good,love me some blueberries B)

A quick spray of Pam on each paddle while reheating inbetween waffles will help at the fest. Have fun crankin' em out!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    Pepe Le Pew wrote:
    waffle.jpg
    Many of my pizzas end up looking like that. :unsure:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.