Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip

Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
edited 6:21AM in EggHead Forum
Seared 3 minutes a side at 600 degrees

eda6eae9.jpg

Then up in the dome at 400 degrees till internal temp reached 128

1bc00532.jpg

Rested for 10 minutes and served it with roasted potatoes and fresh green beans. Quite tasty!

IMG_0314.jpg
·

Comments

• tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That looks very familiar. I had tater tots with beens. Damn this recipe is great. Looks great and tastes better. Great minds cook alike.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,082
    I gotta cook me some tri-tip!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Terry,

I just love that recipe and firing one up tomorrow. B)

You nailed that one. ;)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Loved it Terry, Congratulations!!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,360
    What a coincidence!!! I have a 1.6 pound tri-tip thawing for tomorrow night's simple feast! The reason I love this cut is my wife likes her beef cooked medium and I like rare to medium rare. No other cut I know of allows these degrees of doneness in the same slab of "inexpensive meat"!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Rouses in Gulfport?
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I think you NAILED IT! :) I live close to Memphis,TN and CANNOT find tri-tip.Guess I need to learn what cut it is called around here and make my own out of a primal. :blink: Yours looks VERY TASTEE!
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Rouses in Gulfport?
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    that's perfect. the last time i got winn dixie to slice me two "tri tips", they brought me something that looked just like tri tip but was as tough as shoe leather.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,536
    Drool Drool!
    Can't imagine anything much better than Santa Maria style.
    Looks great!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·