Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Lifes Lesson

Options
oldfishinglure
oldfishinglure Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
5610_1201676556756_1073835008_643019_1501257_n.jpg

Ive always been told its not the size of your egg, but how you cook on it... :blush:

Matt
www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com

Comments

• oldfishinglure
    Options
    oldfishinglure wrote:
    5610_1201676556756_1073835008_643019_1501257_n.jpg

Ive always been told its not the size of your egg, but how you cook with it... :blush: ....Or it was something like that :whistle:

Matt
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    How did they taste? Is it short ribs?
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    They were great. Marinated in Soy and Very Teryaki..
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    How long have you had that Mini matt? That is the old school model with black metal vent which is now stainless on the newer ones and the older hinge on both sides. I have the same model but your Mini looks like new, gasket and all. It is still almost white in the dome! Nice vintage Mini you have, mine looked like that a decade or so ago.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Ive owned a large egg since 97 and I bought my mini that year as well. I remember the storm that spring 98 during hockey season when this pic was taken as we watched the stars and the storm that ensued, trees falling down aournd us in a good ole fashion east texas thunderstorm, thankfully after we ate. That pic is 13 yrs old. Ive since revamped her and replaced those parts. Ive been going through some old photos in my album Tao and the Art of Back Yard Living now that I figured out how to post. Most beautiful sunset Ive ever seen

Matt

5610_1201678076794_1073835008_643026_657061_n.jpg
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    I dont want anyone to be green with Envy but i seem to remember paying 99 for it on Sale at Jacksons Pottery in Dallas...I should have bought 4-5 and put them away..
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wow! That would be great if we could find them at that price now. I'd buy a couple. Great looking sunset. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Thanks OFL
    So if I understand correctly, the cooking photo on the Mini is a photo from 1997 when that Mini was brand new?? No wonder it looks so nice, clean and shiny! I also picked up my BGE's for a fraction of what they sell for now, I think it was a combination of knowing the Pinch A Penny owners and they were trying to get the word out on them. They were not near as well know back then as they have become in the past 5 or so years it seems. Nice photos for being 13 years old!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997