Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Raining in Sammamish, WA

smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,187
edited 4:36AM in EggHead Forum
So, of course it was time to grill some smoked chicken with some marinade:

Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX

• and the marinade????????
    nice pics B)
  • WoW! Well balanced great looking meal.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,187
    I use Yoshidas. Buy it from Costco. I have been shying away from smoke on my chicken cooks, but tried some cherry today, indirect at about 375. It turned out good, but most of all my wife liked the smoke and even tried to tell me it was better than spatchcock...Not sure about that!
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That looks delicious. I thought it always rained in Washington...
  • LOVE that cherry!
    add a small piece of pecan, too B)
    Well, the asparagus was from a CI skillet on the stove and the rice was left overs, but what the hey! :laugh:
    Which is why I grill/bbq just about every day Tim!
    BTW - your recent posts have been amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    This forum is very inspiring. I have BBQ'd for a long time but this is different. Every thing I cook on this Egg comes out amazing. I have a folder that I keep printing out new recipes to try, the hard part is deciding what's is next.
    Realistically, my bbq'ing started in December when I received the Egg. Changed my life! You keep posting all these cooks that are on MY 'list'!
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,827
    Scott, if you don't want to oversmoke, try raised grid, direct.ith just the lump to provide the smoking.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,157
    Rain? You are the second person to mention this rain thing (you and Spring Chicken). Can you send some down to the Dallas area? Much appreciated.

Chicken looks great. I think cherry wood compliments it nicely.

Tim- that folder is going to get huge. Might want to switch over to a binder. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    That looks great, Scott. It's raining here too. Been raining here for weeks. Windy, too, so not your usual summer. Again. :(
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great looking meal Scott
    Nice job on the pics :)

• rmr62rmr62 Posts: 16
    I am a new egger myself, and my oldest son keeps calling me an "egghead" now, thinks its funny. I just say "thanks for the compliment" and in the same breath he says "it's all good because I get to eat a lot of good food!". He said that it has "changed my life". I can't disagree. Always looking for that next thing to cook. :laugh:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You LUCKY Devil.Rain AND an AWESOME meal! :P :)