Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last weeks fun

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While Kari was here. Ended up at Divine Wine in Manitou Springs. They specialize in wine-ritas. Met up with my winemaker friend Ken. He digs food and fire. We do so me trading. Gave him 2 huge logs of oak and some sauces. He gave me this...

Karisvisit78-1111007-2.jpg

Dried

022-4.jpg

023-8.jpg

I've been thinking of what I'm going to cook for breakfast at the Denver fest. Ran Across this.

020-7.jpg

Seasonining and should be able to offer a bunch of flavors for the crowds!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    That looks like some serious flavor chips. How long did you let them soak before drying ?looks like your grttig ready for some serious cooking.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Thanks for a great time, Molly!
    Please tell Ken that the wine box broke -- handle tore :ohmy: -- while being carried into the house ....
    bottles survived :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thank goodness the wine is alive Kari!!! :laugh: : :laugh:
    Was it operater error?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Tim, If you look on the pics you can see the time.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Kyle's friend had it in tow :blink:
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    That is so cool! Tempranillo is one of my favorite reds. Please report back when you use them.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Yes, please report how those wood chips work for you. Very much interested.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Molly I think we still have one of those. It is 30+ years old. Not sure if it has plastic on the handles????
    Looks like you are just using one side to cook with. Please post the cooked pictures.
    ALso you are very much expected in Salado this March....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice waffle iron B)
    I love mine
    006-17.jpg
    009-7.jpg

Been using this recipe...
    2 eggs
    2C all purpose flour
    1 3/4C milk
    1/2C vegetable oil
    1T sugar
    4t baking powder
    1/2t salt
    1/2t vanilla extract
    1/2t cassia cinnamon

My son loves Daddy's waffles. :)

Another trick you could do is preheat the shortening in the microwave and brush it on thinly creating more layers.

I was very fortunate to find mine preseasoned. Every other piece of cast iron I find gets stripped down with a lye bath. Figured it would be a PITA to reseason all of the crevices. The more you use it, the better it will work come Denver B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Ok note to self: fine the iron and check handles.... :laugh:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Molly, I use my chips very sparingly, mostly on seafood or lamb, they are wonderful! :cheer: :cheer:
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Nice score on the chips Molly
    Can't wait to see your cooks with them :)

Have a great weekend

Shane
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 20
    Options
    Got one like that with a shorter stand for my mom at an antique shop, my daughter groans every time we go to Nana's. "Mom is going to want waffles!" Last time it was her birthday so I kept my mouth shut about waffles, she said she would eat one if Nana made it. (she is 19) It is THE BEST waffle iron ever no comparison.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks for that recipe Brandon, I'll start with that this weekend. I plan on using this alot till the fest. I have to perfect my rythm with it. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I've used them in the past and they are really nice. Imparts some good flavors.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You too Shane.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Options
    Molly, you have an email re: cooking at the DenverFest and a ?
    Gimme a ring, please, Larry