Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ya Gotta Love Lamb Chops & Ripe Summer Tomatoes

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The lamb ribs were good, but there is nothing like some good chops! These four bad boys weighed an unbelievable 1.76 pounds!

14-07-11LambChops1.jpg

I did a quick grill at 500, on a raised grate, on the small Egg, with some pecan for flavor. The rub was DP, Dizzy Dust.

14-07-11LambChops2.jpg

I added some sliced tomatoes and called it good!

14-07-11LambChops3.jpg
·

Comments

• Nice BobS, and those are some good sized chops!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Nice selection Bob, a friend promised me a rack last week & I'm still waiting :unsure:
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,598
    That is super delicious to look at! I can only imagine how good it tasted,

I can't understand why some people don't like the taste of lamb! It's second only to pork on my yum list.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Oh man those look great! Love me some lamb and looks to be cooked ALL MOST to profection. I like mine just a little "fresher"! :laugh: Really nice. What did they set you back a lb?
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    Oh man those look great! Love me some lamb and looks to be cooked ALL MOST to profection. I like mine just a little "fresher"! :laugh: Really nice. What did they set you back a lb?

I got these just a little too done -- trying to improve the grill marks. They were tender and juicy anyway.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Man I'll eat chops you cook ANY DAY! :woohoo:
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Bob,

Call it good is right! ;) I have really started to like that there Lamb.
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Nice big chops! I love fresh tomatoes too. We had some local grown tonight and they were great.
    ·
  • as Frank from Houma says....
    "Mighty fine!"
    ·
  • just wait until you have some of PhotoEgg's Lamb pops :woohoo:
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Thanks for all the comments folks! The cook could not be easier and lamb is fantastic!
    ·