Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best place to buy Lump Charcoal?

Options
superuser
superuser Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know the Best place to buy Lump Charcoal?

Online-

If you live in Washington State is there local place that sells it?

Comments

• superuser
    Options
    What is your favorite Lump Charcoal also?

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

I'm using Wicked Charcoal and BGE Charcoal now
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Royal Oak seems popular. Walmart carries it, in many stores anyway. Apparently, not all. Under $7 per 10 lb bag. Restaurant Depot has it for less, if you can buy there.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    I buy Royal Oak at the Wallie World (WalM*rt) a couple miles down the road. If they are out I can go to the local Ace Hardware and they will get a shipment, usually two days later, for special orders.

Why do you need it on-line?

WELCOME
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• superuser
    Options
    Nice, I'll try Wal Mart and Restaurant Depot; found on in Seattle.

Seattle, WA
    3670 E Marginal Way South
    Seattle, WA 98134-1130

Right now I'm going to Sutter Home and Hearth in Woodinville WA and Rich's in Lynnwood WA
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    I get mine from a farmer's co-op near me which is cheaper than Restaurant Depot or Wal-Mart.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    It all depends on where you live. Lots of places to get lump here in California. Biggest decision is what type to buy. Restaurant depot, Wally World,local Raleys, the hardware store even has lump.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I buy mine from a BGE dealer in Issaquah, please post if you find an alternative!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I'm still waffling between RO from Wally World and Cowboy from Home Depot.
    Both good.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Options
    One weekend when we were vacationing at Tulalip we tried to find Lump on our trip home to Victoria and had to go to 4 different WallyWorlds and 3 HomeDepots before I found anything other than Kingsford Briquettes... One of the Walmarts had 33 Pallets of Briquettes and only 1 half pallet of Frontier Lump... Which was terrific Lump by the way. Finally found RO up near Bellingham and a bit of Cowboy at Mt. Vernon.... what a hassle that was
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    If you like Wicked Good find some other eggers and do a pallet buy direct from them....even cheaper if you can get a loading dock...maybe your dealer will let you use theirs for a small fee...
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    Google "charcoal distributors" in your area. I buy 5 bags at a time of the food service packaged version of Royal Oak charcoal for less than half of what BGE charges.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • superuser
    Options
    The Google Search deal didn't pull up anything.

Great ideas though everyone! much appreciated
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Options
    I went to SH in Woodinville for a bag of BGE fuel a couple of days ago... $32 out the door. Ouch.

My new default is Lazzari from Cash & Carry, $12/40 lbs.
  • superuser
    Options
    Nice I love Cash and Carry!

I'll check it out