Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ping Bacchus :) or any iced coffee lovers

MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
edited 9:19AM in EggHead Forum
I came across this on Pioneer woman's site and thought of you. I know you had asked last year and I had not been much help.... I have not tried it but everything she does is over the top good so I bet this is too :)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Thanks Julie! pretty much a french press, I guess. ;)
    ·
  • dubahdubah Posts: 59
    I use a Toddy coffee maker. There's another very similar one on the market- I don't remember the name. They both work well and are relatively inexpensive. They make clean-up a breeze. If you use a particularly strong coffee you can "brew" it twice. Flavored coffees come out really powerful tasting. Add a little ice and cream/milk and it's heavenly.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL yes Adam, but I liked that you could do it with out any special equipment and do a huge batch and just keep in the frig. I Love sweet strong iced coffee :)
    ·
  • missyjanemissyjane Posts: 20
    Mainegg,

Thanks so much, I have been trying to figure that out myself. McD's with sugar free vanilla is so good, I laugh and say it is addicting and they said they have come to call it "crack" coffee, hopefully there are a few more addicts than just me. As they hand it out they say here's your "crack!" Now maybe I can let them think I have cleaned up my act a little... haha
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    HA HA and if you use the Creamora non dairy creamer in the big blue pump? we get it at sams... mmmmm heaven!
    ·
    Will have to try it. My mouth is watering now. I am afraid of having at my fingertips so easily. It may get hard to read / write / sleep if it is too readily available. haha I will have to look at the bottle of syrup I have, I made sure to look for the kind they use. Seems like it was at Walmart or something. :P might even start calling me twitchy.... lol
    ·
  • jostheimjostheim Posts: 53
    +1 for toddy, you can do it without any special equipment, it is just easier with the toddy IMHO
    ·
  • Even easier than a toddy: buy some CoolBrew, a kick-ass coffee concentrate brewed in New Orleans. Available in coffee & chicory, plain, and flavored versions in a "dispenser" plastic bottle. It is used by a number of coffeehouses to make iced coffee.
    http://www.coolbrew.com/
    I have no connection to the company, I just couldn't live without the stuff.
    ·
    OMG I tried it last night, YUM Purrrfect and a little twitchy today too... lol
    ·
    I checked my syrup also it was from walmart and is Torani sugar free vanilla, has blue on the label, it is the same as my McD's uses. I also had some vanilla almond milk (Kroger brand) it went well in it too. I had 2 18-20 oz cups full this morning lol I think it is a little stronger than normal brewed haha. I have had alot of typing corrections. I hope I can get to sleep later. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Well, I thought I had been forgotten around here. ;)
    Thanks for thinking of me, and yes I did ask about it. However I never really got into it. I tried a few different methods last summer, but nothing made a great impression.
    ·