Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Wednesday Night Ribs at Greater Houston Gun Club

Luvs to shoot clayLuvs to shoot clay Posts: 771
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry guys but there is a waiting list to join the club. Probably doesn't have anything to do with my ribs but they don't hurt the membership for sure.

The ribs ready to wrap after 3 hours at 225 with pecan chunks for smoke.
BBsreadytowrap.jpg

After wrapping them in butcher paper and foil I held them in the oven (in the house) at 200 degrees for 2 hours (no point to waste my lump just for heat) they were finished with a thin coat of Blues Hog then toasted on the grill at the gun club but only for about 5 minutes a side since the grill is so hot. The meat fell off the bones. Don't look great because the grill at the club was so hot the meat was sticking to it. Cooked 7 racks and there were none left. Too many bottles of wine and good friends or I would have had more pictures.
BBsFinished.jpg

Let the feast begin!
DSC02408.jpg

The normal suspects enjoying the ribs. Man they were good!
DSC02407.jpg
DSC02410.jpg

Comments