Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Pizza Try

brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
edited 8:34PM in EggHead Forum

We decided to try pizza tonight. The pizza ended up to big for the stone so I flipped the plate setter feet up and put the cast iron cooking grate on. Cooked at 425 for 15 minutes. Crust was crispy but would have liked the cheese to be brown an bubbly.

• Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Looks delish regardless of the mid-stream adjustment.

The pie also looks like a valentine heart.

I hope it was as good as it looked! :)
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    The next one will get better. And then better and better. But it is so much fun to keep practicing.
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    We used frozen bread dough so it was crispy bit a little tough. Will experiment with making dough from scratch. A in all of was good.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,247
    Way to recover.
    If you can get your pizza higher in the dome you will get the top cooked better.
    Raise with fire bricks or raised cooking grid.

XL BGE
    Small BGE

Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Even when its bad, pizza on the egg is still pretty good. You'll get the hang of it, just keep trying.

I think it looks more like a baseball glove. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,247
    My pizzas never come out round.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • ClavinClavin Posts: 91
    i thought it was the mirror image of Michigan.

round is overrated.
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    That's what its supposed to look like. Thanks for the tip.