Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Missing a bolt...

jostheimjostheim Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I disassembled my XL egg tonight to dry fit it in my table (it fit!) and I noticed that I am missing one of the bolts in the spring assisted band, namely one of the ones that attaches the spring assembly to the band. This is obviously a problem and probably is why I had trouble getting my lid aligned (and had obvious smoke leakage).

This is a used egg, so I don't expect BGE to replace it for free, but does anyone know if they'll make me buy a whole new spring assisted assembly? I'd like to just buy one bolt (or all the hardware for the spring assisted assembly only). I'll be calling them tomorrow regardless, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem.

I guess the follow on question is, should I just go to my hardware store and try and find a matching screw/bolt (I have the other one on the same side and the 2 on the other side for comparison)?

Comments