Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

29 Days to the Texas Eggfest

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2jeni1.JPG
<p />Hey Folks,[p]Only 29 days till the biggest Egg event in the state of Texas! Come on out for a great weekend of Fun, Food, & Friends. We'll have over 15 eggs to cook on with even more as folks are taking advantage of the Demo Egg Deal.[p]Be sure to register even if you think you'll drop by. We need a head count and I need your email address so you will get the gate code for entry into the marina. It's a private marina and you won't get in without the gate code, but you will be able to smell all the great food we'll be egging![p]So mark you calendars and bring your swim suits. Thanks to TRex for a a great shot.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX

[ul][li]Texas Eggfest Website - Register Today![/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I was reading about your brisket that placed so well.I am wanting to attempt one .I tryed one a couple of years ago and said i never would again.I need someone to tell me how to do a brisket from start to finish.I have a medium egg, i usally do my pork butts just like elder ward and they turn out great but i just havent done but one brisket.any help would be appreciated

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    NewYearBrisket.jpg
    <p />Dave,[p]First off, I use the indirect method, so you need a placesetter or some firebricks and another grid. I've done one on my in-law's medium, so it works well.[p]I like to cook brisket flats. They are usually around 6 to 8 pounds here in Austin. I'll score the fat cap and flip it over and slather yellow mustard on it. Then I sprinkle turbinado sugar all over it, followed by Tom's Peppers Chipotle rub. Cover it with a layer of plastic wrap and flip it over and repeat for the other side. I usually use a big cookie sheet for this. I then place it back in the fridge till the next day or later in the day.[p]Now on to the egg.[p]Clean out your egg of all the ash. I use an old vacume when the egg is good and cold. Add fresh lump to the middle of the fire ring. Light the egg and let it come up to temp slowly. Don't let it overshoot. I use a Guru so I can slow smoke at 225. When the egg has stabilized with the placesetter (at least 30 minutes), put a couple big chunks of hickory on the hot coals, replace the placesetter, drip pan and grid. As soon as you get some wispy blue smoke, put your brisket on the grid with the fat cap up. Use a Polder and it can take up to 15 hours to get to 190 internal. I pull it at 190 internal and wrap it in foil to rest in a cooler wrapped in towels. Cut across the grain and enjoy. The bark is very tasty with late burn.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    [ul][li]Tom's Chipotle Rub[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanks for the help .I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple of weeks.