Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cast Iron Nachos

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I did a test run of nachos for a party next weekend. Needed an appetizer while the main event will be smokin(spares)and this seemed like a good idea. Fresh cilantro and chives from the garden. We served guackamolea and sou'cweam on the side.
BGENatchosCastIron0003.jpg

Holy Cow! Very good test run (rate it as a home run). I'd like to have a softer cheese next time. Thinking of adding melted Velveeta to 4 Mexican cheese blend. This is a meal in it's self. There is refried bean, salsa, black olives, fresh tomato and fresh chopped onion layered in along with the cheese and ground beef. :woohoo:
BGENatchosCastIron0001.jpg

BGENatchosCastIron0002.jpg

Tip; I used an enameled grid pan with holes to toast up the chips before layering ingredients in the cast iron skillet. To serve, place cast iron on a trivit and let guests take what they want. The iron will keep the nachos warm. ;)

Comments