Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Kalbi cut short ribs on the Mini

chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was marinated kalbi cut short ribs - marinated in soy, sesame and chilis.

5924765484_7477bcae7a.jpg
DSCN3505 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Fresh California figs with goat cheese, roasted then drizzled with the local honey.

5924765572_0b10a82be4.jpg
DSCN3507 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

I'm not much of a drinker - but we'd been to Sudbury yesterday and found a couple of interesting bottles at the liquor store so made this cocktail with gin, Lillet and Aperol. Couldn't find any bitters - so added a squeeze of lemon and orange and a flamed bit of orange rind.

5924765344_e2d6c55d0c.jpg
DSCN3501 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr
·

Comments

• Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    All 3 pictures look perfect. Nice looking meal and a very nice looking drink.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    everything looks great.

I'm a fan of fig + goat cheese :)
    context is important :)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great looking plate. Bet it was delicious. :P
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Kerry, I love the fig dish. I can't say that I've ever seen fresh figs around here. I will be looking closer now. That had to be terrific!
    Pretty sure those ribs melted in your mouth. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    Actually kinda tough - but still tasty. If we'd had the time we should have sous vide'd them in the marinade for several hours.
    ·