Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: the blue angels, pensacola, fl

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited 1:59PM in EggHead Forum
here are a few photos i took at the blue angels show in pensacola over the weekend. these guys are really hard to catch with a camera.....

5f21ab4a.jpg

bc8e978e.jpg

a6789e7d.jpg

f89e6c61.jpg

414b9b9f.jpg

d010667b.jpg
·

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Cool pics Jason

Shane
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Aren't they wicked to watch?!
    We have the AF Thunderbirds at the AFA. I grew up watching them. I look up at those formations and know those young folks are having the ride of their life!
    Nice pics.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • reader40reader40 Posts: 69
    deepsouth...great pics...i grew up in pcola and am now up in wisconsin and miss going to see the blue angels at the home show...nothing like 100k people and a buschwacker right on the beach!
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,745
    Love the Angels B)
    Sans G suits, flex and breathe B)
    Check this vid out...

They were just here a few weekends ago.
    Nice pics.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Oh, it ain't that hard, :laugh:

blueangel1.jpg

blueangel2.jpg
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    The Naked Whiz wrote:
    Oh, it ain't that hard, :laugh:

blueangel1.jpg

blueangel2.jpg

show off!!!

;o)
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    It's truly a thrill to go 'inverted' with an airplane strapped to your bod (on purpose, that is)!!
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    You did well, better than me and these guys were a lot slower :laugh:
    B17.jpg
    B24.jpg
    P38.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    ·
    Lol! Tell me. They retired the Fat Albert part of the show for lack of JATO bottles. They said they would replace it with something else. What did they do?
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    The Naked Whiz wrote:
    Lol! Tell me. They retired the Fat Albert part of the show for lack of JATO bottles. They said they would replace it with something else. What did they do?

there was a BIG HUGE something, but don't get me to lying. i know nothing about military or aviation.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Now there's an acronym from the past (jato). When I flew as f/o for Purdue Aeronautics Corp., we had two bottles affixed to the belly of the five D-3's (to enhance engine-failure take off performance). We used to fly Big Ten teams all over the mid-west and the jato boosted our max t/o wt. from 25,346 to 26,870.. a big bonus when you were hauling college jocks and all their gear!!
    ·
    So 8 bottles must really give Fat Albert a kick!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·