Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza For The Mongul Hordes (wife's family)

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a delayed family get-together for Marina Ranger's 14th Birthday (actually July 4th). My first real attempt at multiple pies. Took a lot of advice from resident pizza pro, Darian (PhotoEgg), and raised my stone off of the setter using my homemade (GASP!) galvanized ring from my Mini.

And, yes, I cheated. And, I'll continue to cheat in the future. I used packaged, frozen dough ($1.79 ea.). Let them thaw for 24 hours in the fridge, then set on the cabinet about 2 hours before beginning the cook. Left all of the dough balls sealed in the package until ready to use. Allowed them to rise in the package, and when I removed them there was a rich, yeasty aroma to each. They came out great. I have two more that went back in the fridge that I'll do today.

Good Sunday to all.

Mike

pizzaparty021.jpg

pizzaparty022.jpg

pizzaparty006.jpg

pizzaparty007.jpg

pizzaparty024.jpg

pizzaparty025.jpg

pizzaparty016.jpg

pizzaparty011.jpg

pizzaparty015.jpg

pizzaparty019.jpg